The Jounery of Life

Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Something else

I believe I forgot to update whoever reads this that my absent friend came back and wanted to talk. He says he wants to see me because of me--not for money (this good I have none), food (also good my idea of fixing dinner is nuking something), or sex (not good that's really the only thing I do myself) but just because I'm important to him. But doesn't want to be in a committed relationship. Ok, I don't either but I have yet to find out what he means by not committed. A no strings attached one probably but does this mean I can have other non-committed relationships at the same time. I'm not sure because at one point we did say we wouldn't see anyone else. So do I ask or do I assume non-committed means I can do whatever I want with whom ever I want. I know he has female friends but he's never said anything to make me think there was anything going on so do I ask the question or not, not about him but about me. If he says he isn't seeing anyone and doesn't expect me too I'm screwed. If I don't ask and assume non-committed also means non-monogamous then I can do what I want. Ugh, wanting and trying to be honest about everything in one's life can be quite perplexing. So I welcome comments from anyone who reads my blog. What does "non-committed relationship" really mean?

1 comment:

  1. If you've never spelled it out before, sweetie, you have to ask. Crossed signals, assumptions, and miscommunications cause more problems than anything else, so if you are in doubt, clear it up before you go any further.

    Probably not what you wanted to hear, right?

    The 21 day cleanse sounds interesting. I'll have to find the book and check it out.

    Hugs,
    Davena

    ReplyDelete