The Jounery of Life

Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some stand up comedy

I have always wanted to do a stand up comedy rountine. My material-my life. You certainly couldn't do anything but laugh at things I've done and been through. And I am feeling funny so since I won't be shattered not hearing you laugh I will attempt to be funny. Yesterday I was soooo productive today I couldn't wake up. I woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep until 11 when I slept till after 1 and was still not awake. Mayra, my great caregiver, got me turned on to watching Sex in the City. i used to watch it here and there but never really followed it. Those were the women who used to be the Golden Girls. I've even identified who is who. Samantha has to be Blanche, Miranda is Dorothy, Charlotte is Rose and Carrie gets to be Sophia but it fits because Carrie is the one liner and full of witty retorts. Now I think of my life and if I had thought writing that show. My show would be called "Sex in the Cities", I moved alot. There is alot to be said for both Sex in the City and The Golden Girls. We seem to spend soooo much time thinking about relationships, getting into them, out of them, about the sex, no matter what our age or our relationship status. It is always a topic of conversation among friends and even more details with close friends. I, for one, have finally (I believe) shaken off the whole realtionship thing. I am sure I am allergic to men and that all relationships are jinxed. I used to think it was just marriage that was jinxed but after 3 long term relationships in the past 14 years I must say it applies to all romantic relationships. Now that's not to say I shouldn't have a friend or two at some point that I like to call friends with benefits. I've had those before and they have always worked out great. And on that note I will fix dinner...... I'm getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment