The Jounery of Life

Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A watershed day

How is it that 44 years ago I let my life be controled by a mentally mother and her abusive husbands and now all these years later I find I am allowing the same thing to happen. I'm still allowing myself to be controled emotionally by a carbon copy of my mother. I think I have learned something in those years and while its taken me longer than I would like to see it. I do see it. And I am not going to let it happen to me again. No one is going to control me. There is nothing that can be done to me. I am stronger than that. I will not buy into it. Whatever he does to himself or tries to do to me will fail. I take responsibility for myself but just me not anyone elses behavior. If that's the lesson I was supposed to learn from the past four years, well I've learned it. And class is over. I don't care what threats I get. If I have the chance to say that I will but I am going to do what I can to keep his brand of poison away from me. I am blocking his number from my cell and I will not answer my home phone at night. If I don't hear it it can't hurt me. I hate it is ending this way but that wasn't my choice. Keeping my sanity is my choice. It was my choice over 40 years ago and its my choice again. I hope I have learned this lesson for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment