The Jounery of Life

Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Do you ever feel like no one "gets" you

Hello It's me- Todd Rudgen did that song but I like to open with that sometimes. I thought I would discuss the fact that there are many times people just don't get me. For example, while I was working (self-employed) I had no problem paying my credit cards. After I got sick and had no income the credit card companies wanted payment (absolutely to be expected). Some people close to me said I shouldn't pay. They would just write it off and my credit was already affected. I on the other hand felt a deep need to arrange a payment even if it was not what they wanted. At least it would show that I was trying and it would make me feel better about myself. And now with this court thing, almost everybody doesn't understand why I won't just take whatever they give me. I will continue to plead not guilty. I have read part of the suggested plea agreement and it is so wrong. #1. There was NO alcohol involved yet they have it required that I get an alcohol eval (duh), then I have to put an interlocking device on my car ( hello, I don't have a license, a car and I have not learned to drive with my hands since I'm in a wheelchair). That and other things I could barely read led me to believe this woman or man doesn't have a clue about me or what happened. When I talk about this with friends and loved ones they just don't understand why I just don't do what they require so it will be easier. Well, wrong or right, I am going to stand up for my principles. The only thing wrong with me was I was very sick. I am innocent until proven guilty. If proven guilty by a judge I will accept my consequences but not unitl I get to lay out my case and why I am not guilty. I already faced dying last year and the prospect of remaining in a chair with continued deterioration due to my spinal cord injury. So what else can they do to make anything any worse. Thanks for listening. It helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment