The Jounery of Life

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

What is love?

Do you remember the 1987 TV show called "Beauty and the Beast" starring Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman. It is not a cartoon but it captured what, in my eyes, is real love. If you have seen this show than you know what I mean. If you have not seen it, I strongly recommend you get it. It is available on Netflix. It is a wonderful and poignant story of two individuals who find each other and are part of each other though they can not be together. Love is something that can not be caged or clung to, for when it is, it dies. Love does have wings. I have had that kind of love. It is painful and yet without it there is only emptiness. I have no regrets though I miss the person that I love. I can still feel his warmth. I know what he would say to encourage me when I need it. It is romantic. It is the ultimate and purest love of all. When someone elses needs take precedence over your own. It is a bird flying and the full moon shining. It is what keeps us alive. I am so very grateful to you my love though decades have passed we have never been so close. I still feel what you feel and I know in my heart of hearts that you still can feel me. Please those of you reading this and those who have not seen the series I mentioned view it. Some of you may know what I describe without viewing it. It does have a way of reminding me of those feelings I still cherish and hopefully it can do that for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment