The Jounery of Life

Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A very strange day so far

I am obviously not very computer literate. It just took me an hour and a half to figure out how to post. I've done it before (like the past 3 days) but for some reason it flew out of my head. Anyway, I am very tired and sore. It must have been the barometeric pressure since I and several others I've talked to did not sleep well last night. There is supposedly no truth to the moon effecting our moods, bodies and sleep but I don't believe that. We are inextricably linked to the moon and her phases. The earth and her health is also part of each and everyone of us. And I think the earth didn't sleep well last night either. Have those of you from my generation noticed that there is an increase in global hostilities and personal angst over the years? It was a more peaceful life in the 50's, time goes by so much faster everyday. I recall the days when we didn't have cell phones clipped to our hips or stashed in a purse. When computers took up a whole room. I've never been a big fan of technology even though I attempt to use it. I liked writing letters to people on stationary using real pens or a very sharpened pencil. I liked reading books in a library where you could smell that indescribable smell of old books, row after row after row. I liked it when life was slower. It didn't stay that way long. I recall working full time, going to college full time, volunteering and still making time to have fun with my friends. I didn't sleep much but I was young and it didn't seem to bother me. And I had no student loans to pay off either. I remember my first apartment was $87 a month for a two room apartment with a murphy bed in the living room. Who reading this doesn't know what a murphy bed is? Ah. on that note, I will pick up a book and hopefully finish reading it today. One last thought, I read Tarot cards and have for over 25 years. I used an old forgotten deck today and got card 22 which has the picture of a tree lined road. It says "A road in the open reveals the best way to avoid chargrin and dispel dismay. If dark clouds surround and the road is dim, beware of the ground sinking from within." I know what this means to me but I wonder what it may mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment